Summer is fast approaching, so it is imperative that your air conditioner is in good repair and running smoothly. After all, there is nothing quite like coming into a nice, cool, dry house after some sweaty yard work. Here are some tips on how you can care for your air conditioner.
- Change your air conditioner filter regularly. A dirty, clogged or damaged filter can mean a huge difference with your air conditioner’s efficiency. A filter that is in poor condition can cause your air conditioner to work overtime, costing you undue energy costs.
- Your ducts can lose up to 30 percent of their air flow when leaks are present. If you find a leak in your duct work, it can be temporarily fixed using duct tape. If the leak is more advanced, contact Island Point H.V.A.C. Services INC. for an inspection.
- Having a programmable thermostat can save you money on your energy costs, as well as prolong the use of your air conditioner. You may find it unnecessary and expensive to have your air conditioner running full-tilt while you are away at work. A timer can be programmed to keep your house cool when you’re home and save energy when you’re not.
- You can extend the life of your air conditioner by keeping your blinds and window coverings closed during the day. Keeping your blinds closed will help keep warm, direct sunlight from pouring into your home and causing your air conditioner to work harder than it has to. The less your air conditioner is on, the longer it will maintain its integrity.
- Your air conditioner should have a yearly check-up, cleaning and maintenance conducted by licensed HVAC professionals. While changing filters and being efficient with your air conditioner usage is beneficial to the lifespan of your unit, a regular maintenance schedule can make that lifespan even longer.
You should contact Island Point H.V.A.C Services INC. to schedule your air conditioner checkup before the cooling season begins. We will send one of our friendly staff experts out to clean and inspect your coils, determine if you need filter replacement, adjust your fans and belts and make any additional adjustments that may need to be made.
We’ve been family-owned and oriented for over 20 years, and our customer service and price point cannot be beaten. Contact us today for an estimate on all of your heating and cooling needs.